Further to the Guidelines issued by the Supreme Court of India, The Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Rules 2013, have been notified by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. Both have come in to force from December 9, 2013.
This new piece of legislation has cast some duties on the employer to ensure that the Women are not subjected to sexual harassment at the workplace.
The employer has to comply with certain requirements like making a policy, setting up an internal complaints committee (ICC), conducting regular training / sensitization/ awareness sessions for employees and members of the ICC, and some other compliances etc.
The penalties for non-compliance of this law range from a fine of Rs. 50,000/- and can even lead to cancellation of business licence of the organization.
We, at Kapgrow, understand the business environment and the Psyche of the Indian workforce. We know that this is a sensitive issue and needs a very delicate handling. Our team consists of professionals who possess the legal knowledge, are experts on people issues and can handle the queries from the employer as well as organization perspective.
We will give you a complete view on the law, its impact on the organization culture and the employees as well as the steps to be taken by the management so that things do not go out of hand.
We provide you the following services related to the new Law:
- Guidance to the top / senior management on the new law and the way forward
- Making the policy as required under the law
- Guidance on formation of the Internal Complaints Committee(s)
- Conducting training / awareness / sensitization sessions for the employees, as required under the law
- Conducting training sessions for the members of the Internal Complaints Committee(s)
- Ensuring other compliances under the law
- Nominating one of our Senior (male / female) Team members (having legal knowledge) on the ICC
We provide these services on a PAN India basis.
We have been associated with many organizations domestic companies as well as MNCs and have helped them in being compliant with the law. Our senior team members have also been opted as external members of the ICC at these organizations.
We provide you the best quality services on the law as we have the unique combination of Legal Knowledge, Training Skills along with expertise in Organization Behaviour and People Aspects.